第一篇:餐廳中英文對話
前廳:
1、Have you a reservation?
您預定過了嗎?
2、May I know your name and room number?
您能告訴我您的名字與房間號嗎?
3、Here is your room key.給您房間鑰匙。
4、Please pay at the cashier’s desk over there.請去那邊帳臺付款。
5、Are these your baggage?
這些是您的行李嗎?
May I take them for you?
我來幫您拿好嗎?
客房部
6、Housekeeping.May I come in?
客房服務員,我可以進來嗎?
7、Leave your laundry in the laundry in the laundry bag behind the bathroom door.請把要洗的東西放在浴室門后的洗衣袋中。
8、I hope I’m not disturbing you.我希望沒有打擾您。
9、One moment ,madam.I’ll bring them to you right away.等一會兒,夫人。我馬上送來。
10、I’ll send for an electrician(doctor , ……)
我給您請電工(大夫……)。
餐飲部:
11、Sit down , please.Here is the menu.請坐,給您菜單,先生。
May I take your order ,sir?
您要點菜嗎?
12、What would you like to have ,coffee or tea?
您要喝咖啡還是茶?
13、Would you like to have any wine with you dinner?
您用餐時要喝點酒嗎?
14、Service hours are:
(餐廳)供應時間是:
7:00a.m.to 9:00a.m.for breakfast.早餐7點到9點。
11:30a.m.to1: 30p.m.for lunch.午餐11點半到1點半。
6:30p.m.to 8:30p.m.for dinner.晚餐6點半到8點半。
15、Here is the bill.Please sign it.這是您的帳單,請簽字。
銷售用語:
1、What kind of rooms(foods)would you like to have?
您需要什么樣的房間(吃什么樣的菜)?
2、Here is a brochure of our hotel and tariff.這是介紹我們飯店的小冊子和價目表。
3、We’ll give you a 10%(ten percent)discount.我們給您九折優惠。
4、We’ll offer tour guides complimentary breakfasts.我們給陪同提供免費早餐。
5、We accept your terms.我們接受您的條件。
公關用語:
6、May I introduce myself?
讓我介紹我自己。
7、May I present you a litter souvenir?
請接受我們的一點小紀念品。
8、Let’s drink to our friendship!
為我們的友誼干杯!
9、Let me propose a toast to the health of our guests!
建議為在座客人的健康干杯!
10、Cheers!
干杯!
(Bottoms!)
征求意見用語:
11、How do you like Chinese food?
您喜歡中國菜嗎?
12、What do you think of our service ?
您對我們的服務有什么意見?
13、Thank you for your comments(compliment, suggestions).謝謝您給我們提的意見(贊揚、建議)。
14、I’m afraid it’s against the hotel’s regulations.這是違反飯店規章制度的。
15、In our hotel we don’t accept tips.我們飯店是不收小費的。
It’s our pleasure to serve our guests well.我們為能為客人服務好而感到高興。
Thank you all the same.然而,還是要謝謝您。
16、I’m afraid you’ll have to pay for thedamage.您必須賠償。
17、Thank you for telling us about it.謝謝您告訴我們
I’ll look into the mater right away.我馬上去處理這件事情。
18、Iassure you it wont happen again.我保證此類事情不會再發生。
19、Please don’t worry ,sir(madam)
先生(夫人),請不必擔心。
I’;;send someone up to your room right away.我馬上派人到你的房間去。
20、I can’t guarantee anything ,but I’ll try my best.我不能保證,但我會盡力而為。
21、What can I show you.您要買什么?
22、How do you like this fashion(color ,size ,design)?
您喜歡這種款式(顏色、尺寸、圖案)嗎?
23、The extra large size of this color is out of stock.這種顏色的特大號已經賣完了。
Please try us again tomorrow.請明天再來看看。
24、They are altogether 175(one hundred and seventy-five)yuan.共計175元。
You may pay in cash or with credit card.您可以付現金也可以用信用卡。
25、You have made a good choice, you have very good taste.您真會買東西。您眼力真好。
第二篇:餐廳英語情景對話
餐廳英語情景對話
1)
Waiter: How many in your party? 服務員:您幾位?
Customer: Four 顧客:四位
Waiter: This way, please.服務員:這邊請。
Waiter: Are you ready to order? 服務員:可以點菜了嗎?
Customer: Could you give us a second, please?(could you wait a moment?)顧客:請給我我們一會兒時間好嗎?
Waiter: Sure.服務員:當然可以
詞匯: be ready to do … 準備好做某事
order:點(菜,飲料,動詞)
2)
A: What can I do for you, sir? 先生,您要來點什么?
B: What have you got this morning?
(what do you have this morning ?)
今天早上你們這兒有什么?
[今天早晨 不說today morning ]
A: Fruit juice, cakes and refreshments, and everything.水果汁、糕點、各種茶點等等,應有盡有。
B: I’d like to have a glass of tomato juice, please.請給我來一杯西紅柿汁。
A: Would you like some eggs? 還要來點雞蛋什么的嗎?
B: Yeah, bacon and eggs.要,再來一份熏豬肉和雞蛋。A: Anything else, sir? 還要什么別的東西嗎,先生?
B: No, that’s enough.Thank you.不要了,足夠了。謝謝。
3)A: Waiter, a table for two, please.服務生,請給我一張兩人的桌子。
B: Yes, this way please.好的,請跟我來。
A: Can we see the menu, please? 能讓我們看一看菜單嗎?
B: Here you are.給您。
A: What’s good today? 今天有什么好吃的?
B: I recommand crispy and fried duck.我推薦香酥鴨。
A: We don’t want that.Well, perhaps we’ll begin with mushroom soup, and follow by some seafood and chips.我們不想吃香酥鴨。或許我們可以先吃蘑菇湯,然后再要點海鮮和土豆片。
B: Do you want any dessert? 要甜品嗎?
C: No dessert, thanks.Just coffee.不,謝謝。咖啡就行了。
(After a few minutes.)過了一會兒。
A: I can have the check, please.結帳。
C: George.Let’s split this.喬治,我們各自付帳吧。
(go dutch)AA制
A: No, it’s my treat tonight.不,今天我請客。
B: Cash or charge, sir? 現金還是記帳?
A: Charge, please.Put it on my American Express.記帳。請記入我的“美國運通信用卡”帳號。
補充:在酒店里所使用的英語會話,基本上是屬于商業英語,與日常生活會話中所使用的英語略有不同,較注重禮節。例如:
非正式英語
正式英語
What’s your name?
May I have your name? 您貴姓?
請問您貴姓大名?
Do you want some tea?
Would you like some tea? 您要喝茶嗎?
請問您想喝茶嗎?
不要說OK, Sure, Yeah等等,而要說Certainly, Sir.Hey, uh-huh, Hold on 等等,也不適合在酒店中使用。
可以說“just a moment, please.I’ll check that for you.”(請稍候,我來幫您確認),然后請有能力處理的人前來協助。
對男性客人,尊稱為Sir;面對女性客人時尊稱為Ms.在招呼客人時,最好說“Excuse me, Sir(Ms)”, 不要直接稱呼Mr.或Ms.二.基本待客英語
一)在正式的英語表現里,疑問基本句型可分為下列四種:
1.May I ~
2.Could you ~
Would you ~
4.Shall I ~?
只要理解這四種基本的句型,就可以處理大部分業務上的狀況。
1. 自己要做什么事時,就使用May I ~ May I have your name, please?
我能知道你的名字嗎?(請問尊姓大名)
May I have your check-out time, please? 請問您什么時候結帳離開?
May I see your passport, please? 請讓我看一下您的護照好嗎?
May I know your nationality, please? 請問您的國籍是什么?
2. 麻煩客人時,可使用Could you ~ Could you fill out the form, please? 請您填寫這張表格好嗎?
Could you write that down, please? 請您寫下來好嗎?
Could you draft the fax, please? 請您寫下傳真的草稿好嗎?
Could you hold the line, please? 請不要掛電話好嗎?
3. 詢問客人的喜好或是做什么時,可使用Would you ~ Would you like tea or coffee?(would like。。要,想要。。)請問您要喝茶還是咖啡?
Would you like to take a taxi? 請問您要搭計程車嗎?
Would you mind sitting here? 請問您介意坐在這里嗎?
只要在疑問詞后加“Would you ~”,就可以提出大部分的詢問。
When would you like to visit Kunshan? 請問您想要何時參觀昆山?
Where would you like to have lunch? 請問您想在哪里用餐?
What time would you like to eat? 請問您想何時用餐?
Who would you like to contact? 請問您想和誰聯絡?
Which kind of room would you prefer? 請問您喜歡哪一種房間?
How would you like to settle your bill? 請問您的賬單如何處理?
How long would you like to stay? 請問您要逗留多久?
How many tickets would you like to buy? 請問您要買幾張票?
4. 在提供建議協助、征求意見時,可使用Shall I ~ 或Would you like me to do ~? Shall I draw the curtains? 請問需要我把窗簾拉上嗎?
Shall I draw you a map?
請問要我為您畫一張地圖嗎?
Shall I make the reservation for you? 請問要我為您安排預約嗎?
二)招呼語
Good morning.(用于中午以前)
Good afternoon.(用于中午至下午六點以前)Good evening.(用于下午六點過后)
1)拒絕客人時,不要一口回絕說“No.”,要委婉一些。
I am afraid I can’t do that.不好意思,我恐怕沒辦法那樣做。
I am afraid Mr.Lin is out at the moment.He should be back around 5 p.m.不好意思,林先生現在外出。他應該會在下午5點左右回來。
2)道歉
如果是自己個人的錯就說“I am sorry.”;如果是公司、單位、酒店。。的錯,就說:“We are sorry.”。
I am very sorry for the delay.很抱歉延誤了時間
I am very sorry for the inconvenience.很抱歉造成您的不便。
3)客人對自己說“Thank you.”時回答
You are welcome.不客氣。
4)交給客人某些東西時,可以說
Here you are.給你。
Here is your room key.這是您的房間鑰匙。
8.聽不清要別人重復時,說 pardon?
一、點套餐
Please give me this one.請給我來這個。
The same, thank you
來分一樣的,謝謝。
第三篇:情景對話中英文翻譯1
中考口語情景對話
班級:初三(3)班
姓名:____________
1.我們國家最重要的傳統節日是春節,那時我們會走親訪友。
The spring festival is the most important traditional festival in our country.At that time, we will visit our relatives and friends.2.我家離學校大約五公里遠,所以我們通常乘坐公共汽車上學。
It’s about five kilometers from my home to the school.So we usually go to school by bus.3.我姓布朗,我的電話號碼是80047562.My family name is Brown.My telephone number is 80047562.4.我的奶奶八十歲了,她的身體依然健康。
My grandmother is eighty years old.She is still very healthy.5.城市的空氣污染越來越嚴重,我們出行應該經常乘坐公交車。
Air pollution is more and more serious in our city.We should usually go out by bus.6.我更喜歡旅游,旅游能讓我放松身心。
I prefer going on a trip.It can make me feel relaxed.7.我喜歡聽流行音樂,周杰倫是我最喜歡的歌手。
I like popular music.Jay Chou is my favorite singer.8.我爸爸送我一臺ipad,它很方便很有用。
My father gave me an ipad.It is very convenient and useful.9.我的圣誕節禮物是一張明信片,上面有一只可愛的熊貓。
My Christmas present is a post card.There is a lovely panda in it.10.我的電腦出故障了,我明天會請人修一下。
Something is wrong with my computer.I will have it repaired tomorrow.11.現在我的手表顯示時間是10點30分,火車10點45分開。
It’s ten thirty by my watch at the moment.The train leaves at ten forty-five.12.今天是9月9日,明天是教師節。
It’s September the ninth.Tomorrow is Teachers’ Day.13.我是三年級二班的學生,家住在學校附近的第九街。
I’m in class two ,Grade Three.I live in No.9 Street near our school.14.單詞”panda”有5個字母,它的意思是“中國四川一種吃竹子的動物。”
There are five letters in the word “panda”.It means a kind of animal which lives in Sichuan, China.15.中國的面積是960萬平方公里,有55個少數名族。
China has an area of nine million six hundred thousand square kilometers.There are 55 minorities.16.去醫院應該沿著街走,在第一個拐角處往左轉。從這里大約要走10分鐘。
If you go to the hospital, you should go down the street ,and turn left at the first corner.It’s about ten minutes’ walk form here.17.我們班有49個學生,其中男生有22個。
There are forty-nine students in my class, including 22 boys.18.我一般早上六點起床,早飯吃面包,喝牛奶。
I usually get up at 6 o’clock in the morning.I usually have bread and milk for breakfast.19.我喜歡閱讀,尤其是關于中國歷史的書籍。
My hobby is reading, especially books about Chinese History.20.美國的首都是華盛頓,最大的城市是紐約。
Washington D.C is the capital of America.The biggest city is New York.21.我最喜歡的季節是冬天,可以堆雪人。
My favourite season is winter.We can make a snowman in winter.22.我的寵物狗很聰明,它認識回家的路。
I think my dog is clever.It knows how to go home.23.我經常飯后散步,它有利于健康。
I usually go out for a walk after supper.It is good for our health.24.我最喜歡的花是玫瑰,它代表了愛。
I like the rose best.It represents love.
第四篇:建國酒店工作程序——餐廳目錄中英文
目錄INDEX
問候客人SERVICE – Greeting a Guest-----1 幫助客人就座SERVICE – Seating---------2 呈遞菜單SERVICE – Menu presentation---3 促銷SERVICE – Up selling-----------------4 點單SERVICE –take Order----------------5 按照每份菜單內容擺臺SERVICE – table set up as per menu item order--6 飲料服務Beverage service------------------7 酒水服務Wine service----------------------8 服務順序SERVICE – Service sequence-----9 查看滿意度SERVICE – Check satisfaction------------------------------10 咖啡服務SERVICE – Coffee service-------11 餐后甜酒服務SERVICE – table side service Liqueur---------------------12 呈遞帳單SERVICE – Billing presentation-13 歡送客人SERVICE – Bid farewell-----------------------14 新菜單/酒水單的補充SERVICE–New menu / beverage list implementation-------15
更換CD/背景音SERVICE – Change CD / background music-------------------------16 關閉餐廳SERVICE – Closing the Outlet----------------17 客用品的標準庫存和補充Guest supplies par stock & re – order------------18
酒水標準庫存和補充Beverage par stock & reCigar Service---------------------30 宴會預訂SERVICE –banquet reservation---------------31
宴會準備工作SERVICE –banquet preparation--------32 宴會引領服務SERVICE –banquet Seating------------33 宴會餐間服務Banquet Service-------------------------34 宴會分餐服務SERVICE –separately eat by dishes-----35 宴會后服務SERVICE –banquet postprandial---------36 中餐零點服務Chinese restaurant A la carte Service--37 中餐分菜服務Chinese restaurant separately eat by dishes---------------------------38 西餐零點服務Western restaurant A la carte Service---39 西餐分菜服務Western restaurant separately eat by dishes---------------------------40 香煙服務Cigarette Service 41 更換餐盤SERVICE – change plate-----------------------42 更換煙缸SERVICE – change ashtray-------------------43 客房送餐服務Room service------------------------------44 客房送餐酒水服務Room service –Wine & beverage service------------------------45 會議前迎接客人Conference service –welcome guest--46 會議中服務Conference service---------------------------47
會議結賬Conference service – billing presentation –----48 洗皿間準備工作 Stewarding preparation--------------49 洗碗機的操作dish washer manual----------------------50 餐具保管與發放Dishware providing and storage------51
第五篇:奧巴馬在上海對話中國青年中英文對照
奧巴馬對話中國青年
Nong hao!Good afternoon.It is a great honor for me to be here in Shanghai, and to have this opportunity to speak with all of you.I'd like to thank Fudan University's President Yang for his hospitality and his gracious welcome.I'd also like to thank our outstanding Ambassador, Jon Huntsman, who exemplifies the deep ties and respect between our nations.I don't know what he said, but I hope it was good.(Laughter.)
儂好!諸位下午好。我感到很榮幸能夠有機會到上海跟你們交談,我要感謝復旦大學的楊校長,感謝他的款待和熱情的歡迎。我還想感謝我們出色的大使洪博培,他是我們兩國間深厚的紐帶。我不知道他剛才說什么,但是希望他說得都是好的。
What I'd like to do is to make some opening comments, and then what I'm really looking forward to doing is taking questions, not only from students who are in the audience, but also we've received questions online, which will be asked by some of the students who are here in the audience, as well as by Ambassador Huntsman.And I am very sorry that my Chinese is not as good as your English, but I am looking forward to this chance to have a dialogue.我今天準備這樣,先做一個公開的演講,我真正希望做的是回答在座的問題,不但回答在座的學生問題,同時還可以從網上得到一些問題,由在座的一些學生和洪博培大使代為提問。很抱歉,我的中文遠不如你們的英文,但是我期待和你們的對話。
This is my first time traveling to China, and I'm excited to see this majestic country.Here, in Shanghai, we see the growth that has caught the attention of the world--the soaring skyscrapers, the bustling streets and entrepreneurial activity.And just as I'm impressed by these signs of China's journey to the 21st century, I'm eager to see those ancient places that speak to us from China's distant past.Tomorrow and the next day I hope to have a chance when I'm in Beijing to see the majesty of the Forbidden City and the wonder of the Great Wall.Truly, this is a nation that encompasses both a rich history and a belief in the promise of the future.這是我首次訪問中國,看到這個偉大的國家,感到很興奮。在上海這里,我們看到了世界矚目的增長,高聳的塔樓,繁忙的街道,還有企業家的精神。這些都是中國步入21世紀的跡象,讓我印象深刻。我也非常想看到中國有著悠久歷史的文化古跡,明天和后天我要到北京去看雄偉壯麗的故宮和令人嘆為觀止的長城,這個國度既有豐富的歷史,又有對未來充滿信心的信念。
The same can be said of the relationship between our two countries.Shanghai, of course, is a city that has great meaning in the history of the relationship between the United States and China.It was here, 37 years ago, that the Shanghai Communique opened the door to a new chapter of engagement between our governments and among our people.而我們兩國的關系也是如此,上海在美中關系的歷史中是個具有意義的重大城市。在37年前,就是在這里,《上海聯合公報》打開了我們兩國政府和兩國人民接觸交往的新的篇章。
However, America's ties to this city--and to this country--stretch back further, to the earliest days of America's independence.In 1784, our founding father, George Washington, commissioned the Empress 1 of China, a ship that set sail for these shores so that it could pursue trade with the Qing Dynasty.Washington wanted to see the ship carry the flag around the globe, and to forge new ties with nations like China.This is a common American impulse--the desire to reach for new horizons, and to forge new partnerships that are mutually beneficial.不過,美國與這個城市及這個國家的聯系可以追溯更久遠的過去,追溯到美國獨立的初期,在1784年,國父喬治?華盛頓下令中國皇后號下水,這艘船成功駛往清王朝,華盛頓希望插有美國國旗的船可以駛往世界各地,與中國這樣的國家建立關系。美國前進的動力是尋求新的目的地,建立互惠的關系。
Over the two centuries that have followed, the currents of history have steered the relationship between our countries in many directions.And even in the midst of tumultuous winds, our people had opportunities to forge deep and even dramatic ties.For instance, Americans will never forget the hospitality shown to our pilots who were shot down over your soil during World War II, and cared for by Chinese civilians who risked all that they had by doing so.And Chinese veterans of that war still warmly greet those American veterans who return to the sites where they fought to help liberate China from occupation.在其后的兩個世紀中,歷史洪流使我們兩國關系向許多不同的方向發展,而即使在最動蕩的方向中,我們的兩國人民也建立了很深的,甚至有戲劇性的紐帶。比如,美國人永遠不會忘記,在二戰期間,美國飛行員在中國上空被擊落后,當地人民對他們的款待,中國公民冒著失去一切的危險保護著他們。而參加二戰的中國老兵仍然歡迎美國老兵回到他們作戰的地方故地重游。
A different kind of connection was made nearly 40 years ago when the frost between our countries began to thaw through the simple game of table tennis.The very unlikely nature of this engagement contributed to its success--because for all our differences, both our common humanity and our shared curiosity were revealed.As one American player described his visit to China--“[The]people are just like us…The country is very similar to America, but still very different.” Of course this small opening was followed by the achievement of the Shanghai Communique, and the eventual establishment of formal relations between the United States and China in 1979.And in three decades, just look at how far we have come.40年前,我們兩國間開啟了又一種聯系,兩國關系通過簡單的乒乓球比賽開始解凍。乒乓球比賽看起來不太可能,但是卻帶來了兩國關系的成功。我們兩國之間有著分歧,但是我們也有著共同的人性及有著共同的好奇,就像一位乒乓球人員所說的一樣,那里的人們和我們很像,國家也很相似,但是又非常不同。但是這個小小的開頭帶來了《上海公報》的問世,最終還帶來了美中在1979年建交。在其后的30年我們又取得了長足的進展。
In 1979, trade between the United States and China stood at roughly $5 billion--today it tops over $400 billion each year.The commerce affects our people's lives in so many ways.America imports from China many of the computer parts we use, the clothes we wear;and we export to China machinery that helps power your industry.This trade could create even more jobs on both sides of the Pacific, while allowing our people to enjoy a better quality of life.And as demand becomes more balanced, it can lead to even broader prosperity.1979年中美貿易僅有500億美元,而今天美中貿易已經接近4000億美元。貿易在許多方面影響人民的生活,比如美國電腦中許多部件,還有穿的衣服都是從中國進口的,我們向中國出口中國工業要使用的機器,這種貿易可以在太平洋兩岸創造更多的就業機會,讓我們的人民過上質量更高的生活。在需求趨于平衡的過程中,我們可以在更廣泛的領域開展更加卓有成效的合作。
In 1979, the political cooperation between the United States and China was rooted largely in our shared rivalry with the Soviet Union.Today, we have a positive, constructive and comprehensive relationship that opens the door to partnership on the key global issues of our time--economic recovery and the development of clean energy;stopping the spread of nuclear weapons and the scourge of climate change;the promotion of peace and security in Asia and around the globe.All of these issues will be on the agenda tomorrow when I meet with President Hu.1979年,美中兩國的政治合作基于與蘇聯的共同對抗中建立起來。如今我們有著積極合作和全面的關系,為我們在當前重大的全球問題上建立伙伴關系打開了大門,這些問題包括經濟復蘇、潔凈能源的開發、制止核武器擴散以及應對氣候變化。還有在亞洲及全球各地促進和平和穩定,所有這些問題我明天與胡主席會談時都會談到。
And in 1979, the connections among our people were limited.Today, we see the curiosity of those ping-pong players manifested in the ties that are being forged across many sectors.The second highest number of foreign students in the United States come from China, and we've seen a 50 percent increase in the study of Chinese among our own students.There are nearly 200 “friendship cities” drawing our communities together.American and Chinese scientists cooperate on new research and discovery.And of course, Yao Ming is just one signal of our shared love of basketball--I'm only sorry that I won't be able to see a Shanghai Sharks game while I'm visiting.1979年的時候,我們兩國人民的聯系十分有限。當年在乒乓球領域的好奇如今已延伸到許多領域,這種好奇促使我們建立了許多聯系。美國現在留學生中,中國留學生的數量高居第二。而在美國的學生中,學中文的人數增加了50%。我們兩國有近200個友好城市,美中科學家在許多新的研究領域和發現領域進行合作。我們兩國人民都熱愛籃球,姚明就是個例子。不過,此行中我不能觀看上海鯊魚隊的比賽,有點遺憾。
It is no coincidence that the relationship between our countries has accompanied a period of positive change.China has lifted hundreds of millions of people out of poverty--an accomplishment unparalleled in human history--while playing a larger role in global events.And the United States has seen our economy grow along with the standard of living enjoyed by our people, while bringing the Cold War to a successful conclusion.我們兩國之間的這種關系給我們帶來了積極的變化,這并不是一種巧合,中國使得億萬人民脫貧,而這種成就是人類歷史上史無前例的。而中國在全球問題中也發揮更大的作用,世界目睹了美國經濟的發展帶來了美國人民生活水平的改善以及為結束冷戰所作出的努力。
There is a Chinese proverb: “Consider the past, and you shall know the future.” Surely, we have known setbacks and challenges over the last 30 years.Our relationship has not been without 3 disagreement and difficulty.But the notion that we must be adversaries is not predestined--not when we consider the past.Indeed, because of our cooperation, both the United States and China are more prosperous and more secure.We have seen what is possible when we build upon our mutual interests, and engage on the basis of mutual respect.中國有句古言,溫故而知新。當然,我們過去30年中也遇到了挫折和挑戰,我們的關系并不是沒有分歧沒有困難的。“但是我們必須一定是對手”的這種想法不應該是一成不變的。由于我們兩國的合作,美中兩國都變得更加繁榮、更加安全。只要我們本著相互尊重互惠互利的原則,雙方關系就會發展。
And yet the success of that engagement depends upon understanding--on sustaining an open dialogue, and learning about one another and from one another.For just as that American table tennis player pointed out--we share much in common as human beings, but our countries are different in certain ways.不過,這種接觸的成功要取決于我們要彼此了解,要能夠進行開誠布公的對話,彼此進行了解。就像當年美國乒乓球運動員所說的,我們作為人有著共同的向往,但是我們兩國在某些方面又不同。
I believe that each country must chart its own course.China is an ancient nation, with a deeply rooted culture.The United States, by comparison, is a young nation, whose culture is determined by the many different immigrants who have come to our shores, and by the founding documents that guide our democracy.我認為每個國家都應該勾畫出自己要走的路,中國是一個文明古國,它有著博大精深的文化。相對而言,美國是一個年輕的國家,它的文化受到來自許多不同國家移民的影響,還受到我們民主制度文件的影響。
Those documents put forward a simple vision of human affairs, and they enshrine several core principles--that all men and women are created equal, and possess certain fundamental rights;that government should reflect the will of the people and respond to their wishes;that commerce should be open, information freely accessible;and that laws, and not simply men, should guarantee the administration of justice.這些文件提出了代表了一個簡單的人類的觀點,以及核心的原則,就是所有的人生來平等,都有著基本的權利,而政府應當反映人們的意志,貿易應該是開放的,信息流通應當是自由的,而法律要保證這個公平。
Of course, the story of our nation is not without its difficult chapters.In many ways--over many years--we have struggled to advance the promise of these principles to all of our people, and to forge a more perfect union.We fought a very painful civil war, and freed a portion of our population from slavery.It took time for women to be extended the right to vote, workers to win the right to organize, and for immigrants from different corners of the globe to be fully embraced.Even after they were freed, African Americans persevered through conditions that were separate and not equal, before winning full and equal rights.當然,我們的國家歷史也不是沒有過困難的地方,從很多方面來講,很多年以來,我們是通過斗爭來促進這些原則或者使所有的人民能夠享受到。為了締造一個更完美的聯邦,我們也經歷了很痛苦的內戰,把一部分人從奴役制中解放出來。經過一段時間婦女才有投票權,勞工有組織權,來自各地的移民能夠全部被接受。即使他們被解放以后,非洲裔美國人也受到不平等待遇,經過一段時間才爭取到全面的平等權利。
None of this was easy.But we made progress because of our belief in those core principles, which have served as our compass through the darkest of storms.That is why Lincoln could stand up in the midst of civil war and declare it a struggle to see whether any nation, conceived in liberty, and “dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal” could long endure.That is why Dr.Martin Luther King could stand on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and ask that our nation live out the true meaning of its creed.That's why immigrants from China to Kenya could find a home on our shores;why opportunity is available to all who would work for it;and why someone like me, who less than 50 years ago would have had trouble voting in some parts of America, is now able to serve as its President.所有這些是不容易的。但是我們對這些核心原則的信念使我們取得了進展,并指引我們穿越最黑暗的風暴。這就是為什么林肯在內戰期間站起來,宣布任何一個國家以自由、以所有人類平等的原則能夠長久的存在,也就是為什么金博士在林肯紀念館的前臺站起來,說我們國家要必須真正的實現我們的信念。也就是為什么像我這樣來自中國或者肯尼亞的移民,50年前在某些地方連投票都遇到困難的人,現在卻能夠被選舉為國家的總統。
And that is why America will always speak out for these core principles around the world.We do not seek to impose any system of government on any other nation, but we also don't believe that the principles that we stand for are unique to our nation.These freedoms of expression and worship--of access to information and political participation--we believe are universal rights.They should be available to all people, including ethnic and religious minorities--whether they are in the United States, China, or any nation.Indeed, it is that respect for universal rights that guides America's openness to other countries;our respect for different cultures;our commitment to international law;and our faith in the future.這就是為什么美國總是在全世界講出這些核心原則,我們不尋求把任何政治體制強制給任何國家,但是我們也不認為我們所支持的這些原則是我們國家所獨有的,這些表達自由、宗教崇拜自由、接觸信息的機會、政治的參與,我們認為這些是普世的權利,應該是所有人民能夠享受到的,包括少數民族和宗教的族群,不管是在中國、美國還是任何國家。這是對于普遍權利的尊敬,指導美國對其他國家開放,尊重不同文化,我們對國際法的承諾和對未來的信念的原則。
These are all things that you should know about America.I also know that we have much to learn about China.Looking around at this magnificent city--and looking around this room--I do believe that our nations hold something important in common, and that is a belief in the future.Neither the United States nor China is content to rest on our achievements.For while China is an ancient nation, you are also clearly looking ahead with confidence, ambition, and a commitment to see that tomorrow's generation can do better than today's.所有這些都是你們知道關于美國的一些情況,我們有很多要從中國學習。我們看看這個偉大城市,也看看這個房間,我相信我們兩國有很重要的共同點,那就是對未來的信念。不管是美國還是中國都對現在的成就不能感到自滿。雖然中國是一個古老的國家,你們也是充滿信心展望未來,致力于下一代能夠比這一代做的更好。
In addition to your growing economy, we admire China's extraordinary commitment to science and research--a commitment borne out in everything from the infrastructure you build to the technology you use.China is now the world's largest Internet user--which is why we were so pleased to include the Internet as a part of today's event.This country now has the world's largest mobile phone network, and it is investing in the new forms of energy that can both sustain growth and combat climate change--and I'm looking forward to deepening the partnership between the United States and China in this critical area tomorrow.But above all, I see China's future in you--young people whose talent and dedication and dreams will do so much to help shape the 21st century.除了你們不斷增長的經濟之外,我們很佩服中國在科學和研究方面所投入的力量,包括建設的基礎設施和使用的技術,中國是世界上使用互聯網技術最多的國家,這就是我們很高興互聯網是今天活動的一部分,這個國家也擁有最大的移動電話網絡,對新的投資保持繼續增長,應對氣候變化方面有新的投資,我也希望兩國加強這方面的合作。但是更重要是我在你們身上看到了中國的未來,你們年輕人的才能、你們的獻身精神、你們的夢想在建設21世紀會發揮很大的作用。
I've said many times that I believe that our world is now fundamentally interconnected.The jobs we do, the prosperity we build, the environment we protect, the security that we seek--all of these things are shared.And given that interconnection, power in the 21st century is no longer a zero-sum game;one country's success need not come at the expense of another.And that is why the United States insists we do not seek to contain China's rise.On the contrary, we welcome China as a strong and prosperous and successful member of the community of nations--a China that draws on the rights, strengths, and creativity of individual Chinese like you.我說過很多次,我認為世界是互相聯系的,我們所做的工作,我們所建立的繁榮,我們所保護的環境,我們所追求的安全,所有這些都是共享的。由于這些聯系,21世紀不再是零和游戲,一個國家成功不應該以另外一個國家的犧牲作為代價。這就是我們為什么不尋求遏制中國的崛起。相反,我們歡迎中國作為一個國際社會的強的、繁榮的、成功的成員。這一成就的取得憑借你們應享有的權力、實力以及像你們這樣有創造力的青年。
To return to the proverb--consider the past.We know that more is to be gained when great powers cooperate than when they collide.That is a lesson that human beings have learned time and again, and that is the example of the history between our nations.And I believe strongly that cooperation must go beyond our government.It must be rooted in our people--in the studies we share, the business that we do, the knowledge that we gain, and even in the sports that we play.And these bridges must be built by young men and women just like you and your counterparts in America.再回到剛才的諺語,我們應該考慮過去。在大的國家合作的時候,就比互相碰撞會取得更多的好處,這就是人類在歷史上不斷吸取的教訓。我認為我們合作應該是超越政府間的合作,應該是以人民為基礎的,我們所研究的內容、我們所從事的生意、我們所獲得的知識、我們所進行的體育比賽……所有這些橋梁必須是年輕人共同合作建立起來。
That's why I'm pleased to announce that the United States will dramatically expand the number of our students who study in China to 100,000.And these exchanges mark a clear commitment to build ties among our people, as surely as you will help determine the destiny of the 21st century.And I'm absolutely confident that America has no better ambassadors to offer than our young people.For they, just like you, are filled with talent and energy and optimism about the history that is yet to be written.這就是我為什么非常高興我們要大大地宣布我們到中國學習的留學生人數,要增加到10萬人。這樣交流就會表現出我們是愿意致力于加強兩國人民的聯系,而且我是絕對有信心的。對美國來說,最好的大使、最好的使者就是年輕人,他們和你們一樣,很有才能,充滿活力,對未來的歷史還是很樂觀的。
So let this be the next step in the steady pursuit of cooperation that will serve our nations, and the world.And if there's one thing that we can take from today's dialogue, I hope that it is a commitment to continue this dialogue going forward.這是我們合作的下一步,惠及兩國和全世界。今天可以吸收的一個最重要的內容就是我們不斷地向前推進。
So thank you very much.And I look forward now to taking some questions from all of you.Thank you very much.(Applause.)
非常感謝。現在歡迎各位提問題。