第一篇:如何寫好英語郵件
六個步驟,一氣呵成!
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you have an email account.You may well have several – perhaps separate accounts for professional and personal contacts。
如果你正在閱讀這篇文章,你肯定有一個或若干個甚至是不同帳號的私人或辦公郵箱。
It’s easy to assume that we know how to use email effectively: it’s been around for long enough.But if you find yourself struggling to communicate effectively by email, these six tips should help:
郵件這樣的溝通方式早已經滲入到了我們的生活工作中,因此可以說大多數人都能有效地使用郵件與他人交流。但如果你發現自己還沒做得足夠有效,我想以下這六點可以幫到你:
1.Start With an Appropriate Salutation
郵件開頭稱呼要恰當:
Some people jump straight into the text of an email without so much as a “hi”.It’s polite to add a salutation, just as you would with a letter.That might look like:
有些人寫郵件不喜歡加稱呼,甚至連簡單的“你好”都忽略,直接開始正文內容。孰不知就像在傳統的信件上一樣,寫上稱呼是一種禮貌的象征。稱呼可以這樣寫:
#Dear Sir/Madam 親愛的先生/女士
#Dear Mr.Johnson 親愛的約翰遜先生
#Hi Sue 蘇,你好
#Hello Fred 你好,福瑞德
Your salutation needs to be appropriate.If you’re writing to a prospective employer, “Dear Mr.Johnson” is probably the best way to go.“Hi Bob” is going to look unprofessional。
稱呼必須恰當。若郵件對象是你未來的上司,“親愛的約翰先生”這樣的稱呼應該為最得體的。像“你好,鮑勃”更適用于隨意的場合。
But don’t assume that formality is always the right answer.If you’re writing to a friend of a friend, using “Dear” plus their surname is going to seem oddly stilted。
那么,是不是正式的用語就萬能呢?絕對不是。若你給你朋友的朋友寫郵件,那用“親愛的+姓”就顯得異常別扭。
If in doubt, “Dear [first name]” will usually work just fine。
當你判斷不出哪種場合該用什么稱呼合適,你可以使用“親愛的+名”來應付所有情況。
2.Get Straight to the Point
直奔主題
Your correspondent won’t want to wade through paragraphs of waffle – so get straight to the point.If you’re writing to someone out of the blue, don’t give them your life story before you make a request。
相信閱讀你郵件的人不會愿意仔細瀏覽你那空洞無聊的長篇大論,所以你需要直奔主題。如果你想寫封郵件安慰某個心靈受傷的朋友,開頭先把你的建議亮出來,然后再用你的親身經歷來輔助說明。
Getting straight to the point might mean that the first line of your email(after the salutation)looks something like this:
直奔主題意味著郵件內容的第一行應該是這樣:
#I’m working on an article about Acme Widgets for XYZ publication, and wondered if you had a few minutes to answer the following three questions。
我現在正在寫一篇要交給某某出版社關于極致控件的文章,不知道您有沒有時間回答3個問題呢?
#Could you supply me with a quote for the following project?
可否對下面的設計項目進行引證?
#I’d like to discuss the revisions with you.Would Tuesday at 2pm be a good time? 我想和你談談修訂的事。這周二下午兩點您有空嗎?
#I’ve attached the documents you requested at our meeting yesterday。
昨天會議上您要求的文件已附上,請查收。
You may well need to include more details, but if you put the important point up front, your email is more likely to get a timely response.If your question comes too far down, the recipient may not even realise that you need a reply。
當然,你需要再增加更多的細節內容。若將郵件重點放到內容的開頭,你將收到更加及時的回復信息。如果你的問題在郵件后頭,收信人可能都不會意識到你在等他回復。
3.Keep it Short
內容言簡意賅
Try to keep your email as short as possible.Make the paragraphs short, too – long paragraphs can be difficult to read and take in。
盡可能將你的郵件內容寫得簡單明了。文章太長不易閱讀和吸收。
Do make sure you give enough information for your correspondent to be able to make a decision, if that’s required.You might find that it’s best to offer this as an attachment – you’ll have more flexibility over formatting, and your correspondent can print out the attachment easily。
若對方需要通過你的郵件來做決策,那你一定要在郵件中將相關信息寫完整。為了能更靈活地排版,你可以把這些信息作成附件形式,以方便對方將其打印出來。
4.Use Numbered Points
將內容編號
If you’ve got several questions or points to make, it’s very helpful to number them.This makes it easy for the other person to respond to each one, especially if some just require a yes/no response or a single word answer.For instance:
對于那些為了咨詢或提供各種問題的郵件,最好將問題一點一點的列舉出來,以便于他人對每個問題作答,尤其當某些人更傾向于對問題只回答“是”和“否”的時候。例如:
#Could you let me know:
能否告知:
#1.How much it would cost for the website design
1.網站設計費用
#2.How much for the website design plus a tri-fold brochure
2.網頁設計加一份三頁宣傳冊的費用
#3.Whether you could complete #2 by the end of April
3.您能否在四月底完成第二點所述工作?
It’s also useful to list your questions or points as bullets in this way;if you write a single paragraph, some of your questions might get missed。
將你的問題或觀點用圖標的方式羅列出來是很實用的,倘若你用一段話將幾個點全部涵蓋,那對方有可能會漏看其中的幾點。
5.Re-read and Use Spell-Check
重新閱讀一篇,校對拼寫錯誤
A typo or spelling mistake can turn one word into an entirely different one.If you’re using email in a professional capacity, that mistake could be embarrassing – or even offensive.It might alter the whole meaning of your email: a missing “not”,for instance, could potentially cause problems。
排版或拼寫錯誤有時能導致對一個單詞的誤解。尤其當你用郵件來溝通專業性內容時,這樣的錯誤就很尷尬,甚至有些失禮。它可能改變你整個郵件的意思。比如:少寫了個“不”,就可能會引起某些問題。
Spell-check should help you avoid any silly mistakes – but use your eyes and brain too.There are plenty of words that spell-check won’t pick up.If you’re emailing from a device with predictive text and an auto-correct feature, make sure you always re-read what you’ve typed。
因此檢查拼寫將避免你犯這些低級錯誤,但這里強調——不僅僅用眼睛檢查,還得用大腦思考。有些錯誤不一定能輕易檢查出來。如果你的郵件系統有字句聯想功能和自動糾錯功能,一定要把寫出來的內容再通讀檢查一遍。
6.Make Your Signature Useful
充分利用郵件簽名
Do you have an email signature?(That’s the text that appears automatically at the bottom of your email。)Some people don’t use one at all;others have a funny quote or favorite saying。
你設置過郵件簽名嗎(它將會在你每次郵件內容的下方自動生成)?有些人從來都沒有使用過它,但我們也看過一些非常有意思和哲理的簽名。
Whether you’re using email for professional or personal reasons, make your signature useful for both you and your recipient.That might mean:
無論你是為了工作還是私人聊天,加注簽名對你和郵件接收者都有好處,因為這意味著可以:
Giving the link to your website
加上你的網頁鏈接
Including your work address and/or phone number
寫上你的工作地址或電話號碼
Adding links to your social media accounts 注上你的社會媒體工具帳號(例如博客,微博,論壇)Putting in a line to promote your recent book / blog / product
宣傳你最新的書籍,博文或產品
If your email provider allows it, you may even want to create several signatures to use for different purposes(e.g.one for emailing friends, one for new business contacts)。
有些郵箱甚至還提供用戶根據不同目的設計不同簽名的服務(比如:一個對朋友使用,一個對新結識的企業伙伴使用)。
第二篇:英語郵件
Dear Sarah,gday to you!how are you today? regarding your PO2414102224, please find attached PI-14-04466 to you for your reference.The lead time of 1 & 2 items are on your schedule but the 3 items’s lead time need much longer.It is because the JST parts longer lead time.We are planning to send this item to you around middle of August.However, if we can ship them to you earlier, will advise you later!Thanks & any thing, please write to us asap!
Thanks & wish we can help you more & more in coming future!
Best Wishes
第三篇:英語郵件常用語
We'll send the shipment details by fax shortly.我們會立即將出貨明細傳真出去。
We 'll arrange delivery immediately.我們會馬上安排出貨。
1.Greeting message 祝福
Hope you have a good trip back。祝旅途愉快
How are you?
How is the project going on?項目進行順利嗎?
2.Initiate a meeting 發起會議
I suggest we have a call tonight at 9:30pm(China Time)with you and Brown.Please let me know the time is okay for you and Ben。我建議我們今晚九點半和Brown小聚一下,你和Ben有沒有空? I would like to hold a meeting in the afternoon about our development planning for the project
A.下午我建議我們就A項目的發展計劃開會討論一下。
We’d like to have the meeting on Thu Oct30.Same time.十月三十號(周三),老時間,開會。I want to talk to you over the phone regarding issues about report development and the XXX project.我想跟您電話討論下報告進展和XXX項目的情況。
Seeking for more information/feedbacks/suggestions咨詢信息/反饋/建議
Shall you have any problem accessing the folders,please let me know。如果存取文件有任何問題請和我聯系。
Thank you and look forward tohaving your opinion on the estimation and schedule。謝謝你,希望能聽到你對評估和日程計劃的建議。
Look forward to you feedbacks and suggestions soon.期待您的反饋建議!
What is you opinion on the schedule and next steps we proposed?你對計劃方面有什么想法?下一步我們應該怎么做?
What do you think about this?這個你怎么想?
Feel free to give your comments.請隨意提出您的建議。
Any question,please(don not hesitate to)let me know.有任何問題,和我們聯系。
Please let me know if you have any question on this。有任何問題,和我聯系。
Please let me know what you think。您的建議和評論。
Your comments and suggestions are welcome!您的評論和建議。
Do you have any idea about this?對于這個您有什么建議嗎?
It would be nice if you could provide a bit more information on the user’s behavior.您若是能夠就用戶行為方面提供的信息就太感激了!
At you convenience,I would really appreciate you looking nito this matter/issue.如果可以,我希望你能負責這件事情。
4.Give feedback 意見反饋
Please see comments below。請看下面的評論。
My answers are in blue below。我的回答已標藍。
I add some comments to the document for your reference.我就文檔添加了一些備注,僅供參考。Attachment 附件
I enclose the evaluation report for you reference.我附加了評估報告供您閱讀。
Attached pleasefind today’s meeting notes。會議記錄在附檔里。
Attach is the design document,please review it。設計文檔在附件里,請評閱。
For other know issues related to individual features,please see attached release notes.其他個人特征方面的信息請見附件。
6.Point listing 列表
Today we would like to finish following tasks by the end of today:1……2……今天我們要完成的任務:1……2……
Our team here reviewed the newest SCM policy and has following concerns:1……2……我們閱讀了最新的供應鏈管理政策,作出如下考慮:1……2……
Here are some more questions/issues for you team:1……2……以下是對你們團隊的一些問題1.2.The current status is as following:1……2……目前數據如下:1…2…
7.Raise question 提出問題
I have some questions about the report XX-XXX我對XX-XXX報告有一些疑問
For the assignment ABC,I have the following questions:就ABC協議,我有以下幾個問題……
8.Proposal 提議
For the next step of platform implementation,I am proposing … 關于平臺啟動的下一步計劃,我有一個提議…
I suggest we can have a weekly project meeting over the phone call in the near future。我建議我們就一周項目開一個電話會議。
Achievo team suggest to adopt option A to solve outstanding issue…Achievo 團隊建議應對突出問題采用A辦法。
Thanks note 感謝信
Thank you so much for the cooperation感謝您的合作!
Thanks for the information謝謝您提供的信息!
I really appreciate the effort you all made for this sudden and tight project。對如此緊急的項目您作出的努力我表示非常感謝!
Thanks for you attention!謝謝關心!
Your kind assistance on this are very much appreciate。我們對您的協助表示感謝。
Really appreciate you help!非常感謝您的幫助!
10.Apology 道歉
I sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding!對造成的誤解我真誠道歉!
I apologize for the late asking but we want to make sure the correctness of our implementation ASAP。很抱歉現在才進行詢問,但是我們需要盡快何時執行信息。
打造嚴謹的郵件,對于溝通較之面對面交流的一大優勢在于,你可以借助一切力量使得你撰寫的郵件準確無誤得表達你的意圖,而不必擔心發音不標準或語法錯誤等讓人尷尬的掉鏈子情況發生。所以你的商務英語郵件格式一定要嚴謹
但往往人們忽視的便是一些細枝末節的注意事項,這兒有一些建議可以保證你的郵件給人留下好印象。
1.Know your email terms: 英語電子郵件發送程序有很多縮寫,如果你不知道意思的話,你向老板提出的加薪請求就可能發給了整個辦公室!
“Reply to all”表示你的回復將發送給每一個收到原始郵件的人。在郵件的地址欄內,“cc”(carbon copy)部分指的是該郵件發給你指定的人,而“bcc”部分你可以悄悄的發送郵件而不讓其他的人知道– b代表的是“blind”(掩藏的)。如果有人要你“forward”一封郵件,意思是要你通過轉發的功能發送郵件,有時侯簡寫成“fw.”
Bottom of Form
2.Use the Right Greeting:盡管用“Hey”作為寫給朋友的電子郵件開場白沒有任何問題,但是最好不要用這種方式給一個潛在的商務伙伴這樣寫信。另一方面,使用非常正式的傳統開場白“Dear Sir” 也已經越來越過時了。最好寫成“Dear Mr./ Ms.” 后跟那個人的姓氏。同事之間,通常可直呼其名,如“Dear John”)。
3.Keep it Short and Clear: 有些情況下,可能需要用華麗的詞藻和復雜的句式來彰顯你的聰明才智和教育背景。而在用英語寫郵件的時候,清晰、有條理的方式才是最佳選擇。在郵件的第一段清楚的表明你寫信的目的,保證每一段中都有代表核心觀點的中心句。使用類似“first, second, next, and finally”的詞引導讀者你所要表述的每一個觀點。你不需在郵件中包括所有的詳細內容,取而代之的可以是類似“If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me,”這樣的短語來結束郵件,這樣一來可以為對方創造進一步交流的前提。
4.Be polite and tactful: 懂得謙遜和準確傳達信息的重要性。“I want.”之類的詞能避免則避免出現,相比之下,“I would like”顯得更尊重對方。又如“I am interested in”是提出請求建議或尋求意見的好方法。
5.電子郵件正確結尾: “I am looking forward to your reply,” “Thank you,”或者“Sincerely”都是給收信人留下好印象的結尾方式。
第四篇:如何寫英語郵件
主題(Subject): About how to monitor the testing process of our product(關于如何監督產品測試環節)
正文:
Dear colleagues,(親愛的同事們)
Our factory has recently made several rules on monitoring the procuct testing process.(我們工廠最近制定了幾項監督產品測試環節的條款)
1.Enhance the awareness of product quality among quality control inspectors.(在質檢人員之中加強產品質量的意識)
2.Increase the quantity oftesting samples during security testing process.(在安全測試環節增加測試樣品的數量)
These rules are crucial to the quality of our procut.Please strickly follow these rules.(這些條款對于我們產品的質量至關重要,請嚴格遵守)
Thank you!(謝謝)
Best regards!(致敬)
XXX(your name or department)(你的名字或者部門名字)
如何寫英文e-mail?
毋庸置疑傳統的信函往來越來越被電子郵件交流所取代,雖然不同的電子郵件系統提供的用戶界面千差萬別,但是標準的電子郵件都是由以下幾個主要要素組成的:
To(收件人欄)—— 輸入收件人的電子郵箱地址
Cc(抄送欄)—— 輸入接受抄送文件的人的電子郵箱地址,并且收件人知道此抄送信息。
Bcc(密件抄送欄)—— 輸入接受抄送文件的人的電子郵箱地址,而收件人不知道此抄送信息。
Subject(主題欄)—— 輸入郵件的簡短文章概括介紹。收件人能在其信箱中的郵件列表中清晰瀏覽此內容。
Message text area(正文欄)—— 輸入郵件文章內容
Attachments(附件欄)—— 輸入郵件附帶的附件信息
在郵件開頭的加上問候語能使信件讀上去更加的友好和人性化。很常見的E-mail中的問候語和稱呼如:
Hello, Mike,Greetings!
Hi, Jason,英文e-mail寫作開頭應采用倒金字塔的寫作方式,即重要內容寫在前面,隨著敘述的一步步展開,重要性漸漸減弱。這種方式的關鍵在于,在緊張、有限的版面內盡快地把信息傳達給讀者。
書寫英語E-mail時可以不必拘泥正式信函的格式要求,羅嗦的格式套話往往會減弱郵件信息的強度。因此使用簡單的結束語再添加上名字和縮寫就已足夠。現在常用的簡單結束語方式如:Thanks、Regards,甚至用縮略的結束語THX(Thanks), TTFN(ta ta for now)也足以用為郵件的結尾了。
以下是例文
Dear Mary,I hope ererything gets well!I am a member of 2007 national pupil English summer camp.In the summer camp ,MR.Libo said that I had problems in
pronunciation,so I practiced my pronunciation after the summer camp,I would like to record my pronunciation and send to you,will you please grant your instructions?
With my good wishes!
Sincerely yours,XX
親愛的瑪麗,我希望一切都會好的!我是2007的全國小學生英語夏令營活動的一員。在夏令營,mr.libo說我有問題,所以我練習我的發音,夏令營結束后,我想記錄我的發音和發送給你,請你給你的指示?
我的祝福!
你真誠的,XX
第五篇:一封英語郵件
March 17 , 2013 Dear Judy,Time has gone by fast and it is long since we met last time.How is your study going ? Can you get used to the learning environment of the new campus ? I hope you lead a happy life there.As we both are interested in culture tradition , now I want to share a newspaper article that I saw in the morning.Big differences in expressing feeling between Chinese and British.As is well-known , many of us hold the viewpoint that it is the well-time to show our sadness in a funeral.But to my surprise , the British seems to be breath easy and talk straightly in that place , most of them are smiling faces.This phenomenon really confused me.And in another section below , I have been informed that it is a way to see their cultivating moral integrity.All the strong feeling should be mention lightly.As a English saying goes “Keep a stiff upper lip”.If you can not control yourself , it means you will suffer losses.For example , a member of Parliament became more and more unpopular in presidential election only because he said something about his wife tearfully.Form this detail , most of the voters judged that he was lack of self-control.He lose the competition.But there exist another interesting phenomenon.When their friends or neighbors give them a small gift , they will show their great thanks or even kiss them.As for me , it is hard for me to accept the different.Thought with the development of the relationships between various countries , we have take a lot of cultural exchanges.But I get accustomed to the way that I lead.I am support the idea that it is one’s authentic thing to express our real thoughts.If everyone deliberate themselves or always don’t be themselves , it will make people feel that they live in a indifferent society.What do you think of the phenomenon ?
I hope I can see you soon and discuss our problem together.Yours ,Cherish