第一篇:感恩節快樂英文
感恩節快樂英文
01、Though we are not with you but we miss you all on this Thanksgiving Day.雖然感恩節你不能和我們在一起,但是我們會想念你的。
02、Love you all this Thanksgiving Day.感恩節里更加愛你。
03、Thanksgiving wishes for you and your family.給你們全家感恩節的祝福。
04、May your life be blessed with joy, love and miracles
希望你的生活里充滿了歡樂、關愛和奇跡。
05、Thanksgiving just won't be the same without you
沒有你感恩節就不會一樣了
06、God bless you and your family at Thanksgiving and always!
上帝會保佑你和你的家人
07、I wish you could be here on Thanksgiving.但愿你能來陪我過感恩節
08、A card can say more than a thousand words.Happy Thanks giving day!
千言萬語敵不過卡片的祝福
09、It will be sad not to see you during the holiday when families get together.沒有你的節日我會感到難過
10、Have a FULL Thanksgiving day!
感恩節快樂!好好吃一頓吧
11、Thanksgiving is a great time to tell you that we love you kids.感恩節要說我們都愛你們
12、Joy and fun, wish fulfillment and blessing, come to your home this Thanksgiving!
感恩節里盡情享受快樂吧
第二篇:英文感恩節專題
感恩節是要謝誰?
History
Traditionally,is a time “to give thanks” for a plentiful harvest, because it is celebrated on the last Thursday of November at the end of the harvest season.However, the history of Thanksgiving is not clear, because the harvest season is celebrated in many countries and cultures.Americans commonly celebrate the first harvest of the “pilgrims”, or the first colonists to settle in North America, in 1621.Many colonists came to the New World for religious freedom, because England did not allow diversity in religion.Native Americans and colonists did not always live together
peacefully, but they did learn from each other by trading goods and farming methods.So many people celebrate the first successful harvest of the colonists.我們最初知道“感恩節”,是老師在課堂上講的關于“五月花號”(Mayflower)的故事。據說那時候不堪忍受英國國內宗教迫害的一群清教徒到達美洲。當時,美國的印第安人給移民送來了生活必需品,還特地派人教他們怎樣狩獵、捕魚和種植玉米、南瓜。于是,最初為了感謝美洲原住民,誕生了這么一個節日。
如今的原住民還是生活在美國各處,他們有自己的tribe,以及自己的tribal law,有些原住民也會走出自己祖先的土地和所有其他美國人一起讀書,不過一眼就能看出他們和美國人長得實在相差很多,是比較接近亞洲人的長相哦。
Thankfulness
Traditionally, Thanksgiving is a religious holiday, as a time to give thanks to God for the blessings in one's life.People can be thankful for things like their good health, the safety of their families, or having good friends.All of these things are called “blessings”, or things that God has given us.For Americans who are not religious, thankfulness is just a feeling of gratitude.It is easy to forget how lucky we are, so Thanksgiving is a time to be reminded of the priceless things in our lives.Many families talk about what they are thankful for as they are sitting around the dinner table before they start the meal.一開始小編以為感恩節是用來感謝朋友,家人一年內對自己的照顧,原來人家是來感謝上帝的啊!外國朋友似乎也對于咱們的理解頗為詫異呢。
據外國朋友的描述,全家聚在一起坐在餐桌前,在正式開動之前,每個人會先說一番話來回顧自己這一年,遇到了哪些值得感謝的事情。其實有的時候,我們身邊從來不缺少值得感謝的事情,懷著一顆感恩的心面對每一天,生活也會變得溫暖陽光起來吧。感恩節吃啥玩啥?
Family
Thanksgiving is usually celebrated by getting together with lots of family, including grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.The meal is held in one family's home, and it is common for guests to bring drinks, snacks and desserts.Because Thanksgiving is close to Christmas, families can spend one holiday with the mother's family and the other holiday with the father's family.University students can invite boyfriends,girlfriends or friends whose families live too far away to come home with them for the holiday.感恩節大家會上哪兒聚會呢?外國朋友說,感恩節才不是用來聚會的呢,是像咱的中秋元宵一樣的,全家團聚在一起吃飯的家庭大集會!在餐桌上,很多時候都能看到長得像蛋筒一樣的“cornucopia”,是專門用來放水果的,非常有特色吧。
不過和咱喜歡吃一頓豐盛的晚餐不一樣,美國人通常是把重頭戲放在午餐的時候。下午的時候就是全家一起看看電視聊聊天,或者去家里的backyard打打橄欖球之類的家族活動啦。
Food
The first image that comes to mind when people think about Thanksgiving is a big, fat turkey.Turkeys are indeed enormous;the average Thanksgiving turkey is 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms.(This means that people have to eat turkey sandwiches for weeks after Thanksgiving!)The meal, often held in the late afternoon, also includes mashed potatoes with gravy, bread rolls, stuffing(which can be cooked inside the turkey), cranberry sauce, sweet corn, and other seasonal vegetables like sweet potato and green beans.For dessert, pumpkin pie is most popular, although many families enjoy other kinds of pie as well, such as apple pie, pecan pie or blueberry pie.當然啦,一說起感恩節,虎虎的腦中就浮現出一只鴕鳥大小的動物(火雞不是鴕鳥啊!)。好想吃火雞啊,嘴都饞了……不過說起來,為什么感恩節要吃火雞呢?一位外國美女告訴了小編一個簡單易懂的原因:因為……火雞多……這讓小編不由得想起,萬圣節感恩節都吃南瓜難道也是因為南瓜多么!)
此外,火雞在美國還被稱為“Tom Turkey”哦,因為據說公火雞的名字就叫做Tom……世上千千萬萬的Tom啊該是高興還是悲哀呢。
Activities
After the meal, families relax and spend time together, sometimes watching American football games or Thanksgiving Day parades on television.Thanksgiving is also a time to volunteer or donate your time and money to charities.As people reflect on the blessings in their lives, they are inspired to help those who may be going through difficult times.Many churches and community organizations hold free dinners where people volunteer to buy, cook and serve the food.People also organize “food drives” where canned and packaged food is donated, collected and given to those in need.Also, companies and organizations can hold charity events, where employees, friends
and families can pay to attend a dinner or dance and all of the money is donated to a charity.說起為何感恩節的聚餐會選擇放在中午,外國朋友告訴小編說,因為這時候正好是美國的football season啦,所以吃完午飯全家會坐在電視機前一起看球賽。
此外,在感恩節這天,很多教堂會組織聚會,志愿者們會準備烹飪食物,即使是那些并沒有宗教信仰的人,或者任何由于經濟原因沒有辦法歡度節日的人,都可以來到教堂,和所有人濟濟一堂共度這個節日哦。如此一來“志愿者”就是非常重要的一個組成部分了。在美國,如果你說自己沒有參加過志愿者活動的話,人家可能會偷偷地用BS的眼神看著你說“啊,這樣啊。”
最后要說的就是募捐(donation)啦,雖然在平時也會有各種募捐活動,但是感恩節這一天會格外地熱鬧呢。對于美國人來說,“thanksgiving”,相較于“thanks”,它的意義更大的是在“giving”上面。
第三篇:感恩節英文
感恩節英文/英語祝福短信:
感恩節 “患難見真知”,謝謝你幫我度過難關!
Adversity shows insight, thank you for helping me tide over the difficulties!
感恩節 謝謝你和我同舟共濟!
On Thanksgiving day, i thank you for being together with me!
感恩節 千言萬語,表達不了我的感激之情,我只能說,我已銘記在心。
Thanksgiving day ,i can not express the gratitude of me, i can only say that i have it in my mind.感恩節 您的恩情,我沒齒難忘。
i will not forget your kindness forever.感恩節 大恩大德,銘記在心。
Your kind help means a lot to me,which i’ll bear in mind.感恩節 你的幫助無異于雪中送炭,讓我感激涕零!
i feel grateful for your timely help.感恩節 給你添了太多的麻煩,真是不好意思!
i’m really sorry to bring you too much trouble!
感恩節 謝謝你給我的關懷,把我寵壞,寵得我不知不覺飛起來,才知道冥冥之中有安排。
thank you for giving me the concern and love, which almost spoiled me, making me feel like flying high.therefore, i begin to know we’re meant to be together.感恩節 懶得客氣地來和你說謝謝,咱們到哪個館子里撮一頓,嘮嘮嗑,如何? On Thanksgiving day, i’m too lazy to say thank you politely , let’s have a good talk while dining out together, how about that?
感恩節 衷心謝謝你為我所做的一切!
On this special Thanksgiving day, i sincerely thank you for all the things you’e doing for me!
感恩節 謝了,哥們,下次有事兒別忘了找我!
buddies, next time you have any trouble, do not forget to tell me!
感恩節 你雖然兩次救了我的命,但那都是你自己愿意的,我可沒求你。
although you’ve saved my life twice , you’re willing to to do it at your will, not mine.既然我不領你的情,自然也不必說好聽的話拍你馬屁。
Since i do not ask for your favour, naturally there is no need to flatter you.感恩節 謝謝你幫我,祝你快樂,愿你歲歲平安,事事如意。
On Thanksgiving day ,thank you for helping me, i wish you a happy day and all the best.Best wishes from all of us to all of you at thanksgiving.我們全體祝你們感恩節快樂。
Thanksgiving wishes for you and your family.給你們全家感恩節的祝福。
Warm wishes at thanksgiving.在感恩節,衷心地祝福你們。
I wish you could be here on thanksgiving.但愿你能來過感恩節。
I wouldn’t want to spend thanks-giving with anyone else.我只愿和你共度感恩節。
It will be sad not to see you during the holiday when families get together.家人團聚的節日里,不能看到你,我會感到難過。
Our first thanksgiving should be our best.我們第一次共度的感恩節是我們最美好的時光。
What a wonderful time to be together.在一起的時光多么快樂。
Thanksgiving just won’t be the same without you.沒有你,感恩節就不會一樣了。
This will be our first thanksgiving apart.這將是我們第一次不在一起過感恩節。
Thanksgiving is a time when i tell you that i love you.感恩節就是我告訴你我愛你的時候。
I love to eat, so i love thanksgiving.我愛吃,所以我愛感恩節。
Thanksgiving is a great time to tell you that we love you kids.孩子們,感恩節這時刻,我們要說:我們都愛你們。
Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year.感恩節是一年中最好的節日。
I hope you are feeling thankful after your supper.希望你吃過晚飯后有感恩的心情。
I am getting hungry just thinking about it.一想到它我就餓了。
I will be home for thanksgiving, so save a little turkey for me.我會回家過感恩節,所以請留點兒火雞給我。
Have a mid-full thanksgiving!感恩節請勿暴飲暴食!
Have a full thanksgiving day!感恩節快樂!好好吃一頓吧!
第四篇:感恩節快樂!(精選)
親愛的
今天是感恩節,幾米說:我感恩,所以發現這個世界并不缺少美,只是缺少了發現美的眼睛,感恩節問候關心我的人以及我關心的人。感恩節快樂!
第五篇:感恩節文章(英文)
Theology 2 D 11.17 Yuxuan Li Theology Newsletter for Thanksgiving/Advent
I’d like to spend the next few days focusing on Thanksgiving.That’s right, Thanksgiving.Yes, I know that the official American holiday falls on the fourth Thursday in November, not the third Monday.So, yes, I know that I’m a week early.But I’d like to begin to offer some thoughts on Thanksgiving, even though we won’t be sitting down to a Turkey dinner for another 240 hours or so.Why start a conversation about Thanksgiving now? I do not mean in any way to undermine the specialness of the traditional holiday.I think it’s great that the United States continues to set apart a day a year for giving thanks.And I think it’s doubly great that most of us still believe that Thanksgiving is a day for actually giving thanks to God, not just a time for feeling nebulously thankful while filling our faces with a Turkey dinner and watching football on TV.My hope is that by writing about Thanksgiving a week and a half early, I might actually enhance your celebration of Thanksgiving, not detract from it.Thus, today’s post will be the first of several on giving thanks.There is a danger, I believe, in identifying one day a year as Thanksgiving Day.It’s the danger of implying that thanks is due on this day, but not on others.We face a similar danger, for example, when we designate the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day.Shouldn’t children honor their mothers more than once a year? Similarly, shouldn’t we be thankful more often than once a year on the fourth Thursday of November? As a Christian, I would argue that giving thanks to God is important because it honors God.I would also argue that Scripture calls for consistent gratitude among God’s people.But, there is also case for gratitude that doesn’t depend on biblical theology.In fact, it appeals to common sense and even self interest.To put the matter bluntly: Gratitude will improve your life.Gratitude magnifies our experience of the good things in life, enabling us to enjoy them more thoroughly.Gratitude also helps us to endure the hard things in life with dignity, perhaps even with humor.Gratitude is like savoring a fine meal, enjoy every bite, rather than racing through a meal as if it’s some sort of race.Let me offer a person example of what I’m talking about here.I was able to go to college because I received generous financial aid.My father had been unemployed for several years so our family resources were limited.Harvard expected me to earn a fair amount of money through working, both during the summers and the school years.I was also required to take out a reasonable loan.But the majority of my tuition, room, and board was covered by a grant from the school.This was not a merit-based scholarship, I might add.I’m not bragging here.Harvard’s assistance was based on financial need, of which I had plenty.