第一篇:六年級英語重點句子
重點句子句型
1、問某人打算或者將要做什么?
1)what are you going to do?---I'm going to+動詞的現在分詞(ing形式)
2)What are they going to do ?---they are going to+動詞的現在分詞(ing形式)
2、用why 提問,用because 回答
3、問住在哪里?
Where do you live ?---I live in+地點
4、問穿什么?
What do you wear in spring ?---I wear+服裝
5、問今天是幾月幾日?
What is the date today?---it is+具體的日期
6、問某人正在做什么?
1)what are you doing ?---I am /we are +動詞的現在分詞(ing形式)
2)What is she /he doing ?---she /he is+動詞的現在分詞(ing形式)
7、問某人在幾年級幾班?
What class are you in ?--I'm in Class __Grade __
8、問什么地方在幾樓?
Where is the music room ?----It is on the third floor9、問什么節日在什么時候?
When is the teacher's day ?---it is on september 10th10、問你喜歡喝吃什么?
What would you like to drink/eat?---I'd like some +東西
11、問我可以注意什么嗎?
May I have a rest ?---yes ,of course please12、當別人提出可以幫助你嗎?
Can I help you ?---yes ,please water the flowers13、問那是誰?
Who is this ?--it is+人名
14、問他們是誰?
Who are they ?---they are +人名
15、問那是什么?
What is this ?--it is+東西
16、問他們是什么?
What are they thesethose ?---they are+東西
17、this is that is +f單數this is an apple.that is a witchThese are those are +f復數 these are peaches.Those are lilies.
第二篇:英語六年級下冊重點句子
外研版六年級下冊重點句子
1.Can I help you?(店員)我能幫助你嗎?
2.Can you help me?(客人)你能幫助我嗎?
3.I(don’t)know.我(不)知道。
4. Here’s(單數)Here’re(復數)這是…
5.--Here you are.--Thank you.給你。謝謝。
6. How much is it?…..多少錢?
7. It’s thirteen dollars and twenty-five cents.它是13美元25美分。
8.Enjoy your meal!享受你的大餐吧!
9.--What do you want ?你想要些什么?
--I want a hot dog , please.我想要一根熱狗。
10.What time is it?幾點了?
11.– What are you going to do ? 你將要干什么?
--We’re going to walk around the lake.我們將要繞湖而行。
12.Let’s go under that tree.讓我們去樹下吧。
13.Look!It’s going to rain/snow/ be windy/·····看!天將要下雨/下雪/刮風···· 我們什么時候去吃東西?
--We are going to eat at half past twelve.我們將在十二點半吃。
15.In this photo, the sun is shining.在這幅圖片,陽光燦爛。
16.The birds are singing in the trees.鳥兒在樹上唱歌。
17.The ducks are eating our picnic.鴨子們正在吃我們的野餐。
18.I am looking out of the window.我正在往窗外看。
19.It’s raining.天正在下雨。
20.I am on the train.我在火車上。
21.—Where’s your mum?--She’s at the supermarket.She’s buying things for your birthday.你媽媽在哪里?她在超市。她正在給你的生日買東西。
22.--Am I going to have a birthday party?--Yes, you are.我將要參加生日聚會嗎?是的,你是。
23.--Who can help me?--Sorry, I can’t.誰可以幫助我?抱歉,我不可以。
24.The balloons are flying away.這些氣球正在飄走。
25.The oranges are falling.這些橙子正在掉落。
26.I can’t carry them all.我不能拿起它們全部。
27.– Can he help?--Yes, he can.He can pick up the apples.他能幫助嗎?是的,他可以。他可以撿起這些蘋果。
28.Daming is having a birthday party.大明正在舉行一個生日聚會。
29.Daming is playing the trumpet, but the phone is ringing.大明正在吹小號,但電話響了。
30.He’s starting to cross, but a car is coming.他正開始過馬路,但是一輛小汽車正行駛過來。
31.– I bought you this book.= I bought this book for you.我買了這本書給你。
--Thank you.It looks interesting.謝謝。它看起來很有趣。
32.I’m looking out of the window.我正往窗外看。
33.--Who gave it to you? 誰把它給你了?
--Simon’s family gave it to me.西蒙的家人把它給我了。
34.China sent a man into space in this spaceship.中國用這艘太空飛船把一個人送上了太空。
35.This book looks interesting.這本書看起來很有趣。
36.--What’s it about?--It’s about animals.它是關于什么的?它是關于動物的。
37.In October 2003, Shenzhou V flew into space with Yang Liwei.2003年10月,神舟五號載著楊利偉進入了太空。
38.Yang Liwei spent about twenty-one hours in space.楊利偉在太空中待了21個小時。
39.He made a video and now he is very famous.他制作了影片而且他現在很著名。
40.My mother and I saw my father on TV.我媽媽和我在電視上看到了我爸爸。
41.—Did you go to a farm?--Yes, I did.你去了農場嗎?是的,我去了。
42.Helen Keller became blind and deaf.海倫凱勒變得又盲又聾。
43.She couldn’t see and she couldn’t hear.她既看不到,也聽不到。
44.Later she could read and write.She wrote a book about herself.后來她可以讀和寫。她寫了一本關于她自己的書。
45.He is going to walk to school.他將要走路去學校。
46.She lived to be 87.她活到了87歲。
47.Helen Keller is a model for blind people and for you and me.海倫凱勒是盲人的榜樣,也是你我的榜樣。
48.--When was he born ? 他是什么時候出生的?
--He was born in 1998.他是1998年出生的。
49.—Where was he born ? 他在哪里出生的?
--He was born in France.他在法國出生的。
50.--Is it Yang Liwei ?--Yes, it is.他是楊利偉嗎? 是的,他是。
51.What’s the matter ? 發生什么事了?
52.Why are you laughing? 為什么你大笑呢?
53.Why have you got cups on your heads? 為什么你的頭上有杯子?
54.--Why are you wearing a raincoat?為什么你正在穿雨衣?
--Because it’s going to rain.因為天將要下雨了。
55.--Are you going to go to middle school this September?你九月份將要去中學嗎?--Yes, I’m really excited.是的,我真的很興奮。
56.– What are you going to study?你將要學習什么?
--I’m going to study Physics,Chemistry,History...我將要學習物理、化學、歷史......57.Don’t worry.不用擔心。
58.I’ll miss you , too.我也會想念你!
59.--Where are you going to go this summer? 你這個夏天將去哪里?
--I’m going to go to...我將要去...
第三篇:英語重點句子~
七年級下冊英語重點句子我知道你下周六就要來了。它白天睡覺,晚上起來吃葉子。
人們把他們的錢給我或者從我這里取錢當人們出去用餐時,我很忙。如果你回答“是”,我們將給你一份侍者的工作 我們是一座給5~12歲學生的國際學校。謝謝你來參加環球世界秀。
8.Look at this group of people playing beach volley ball.看這群人正在玩沙灘排球。那個戴著滑稽眼鏡和留著卷發的流行歌手。
10.Could you tell me how to eat this?你能告訴我怎么用餐嗎?
11.Special 1 has beef and onion,特色菜一是牛肉和洋蔥,以及15個餃子僅售十塊錢。
12.Yesterday,we asked ten students at NO.3 Middle School what they did last weekend.昨天,我們問了第三中學的十位學生他們上周末干了什么。
13.He sat down and watched Wang Wang play with a friendly balck cat.他坐著看著汪汪和一只黑貓玩。我看見一個小男孩在角落里哭泣。’t really enjoy it.超市太擠了我們不開心、今天天氣涼爽我們決定去打網球。
17.I asked students about fashion.我問學生們關于時尚的問題。
18.I enjoy nice words about my looks and I don’我喜歡聽贊美我的話以及我不在乎年輕人怎么看我。
19.I showed each student six things and asked them about each one.我給他們看六件東西并問他們問題。
第四篇:六年級重點句子分析
人教版小學六年級語文上冊期末復習課內閱讀專題訓練題答案
(一)這山中的一切,哪個不是我的朋友?我熱切地跟他們打招呼:你好,(清涼)的山泉!你捧出一面明鏡,是要我重新梳妝嗎?你好,(汩汩)的溪流!你吟誦著一首首小詩,是邀我與你唱和嗎?你好,(飛流)的瀑布!你天生的金嗓子,雄渾的男高音多么有氣勢。你好,(陡峭)的懸崖!深深的峽谷襯托著你挺拔的身軀,你高高的額頭上仿佛刻滿了智慧。你好,(悠悠)的白云!你潔白的身影,讓天空充滿寧靜,變得更加湛藍。喂,(淘氣)的云雀,嘰嘰喳喳地在談些什么呢?我猜你們津津樂道的,是飛行中看到的好風景。(節選自
2、“如果我們放棄這片土地,轉讓給你們,你們一定要記住:這片土地是神圣的?!边@句話在文章中一共出現了
三次,產生了一詠三嘆的效果,深深地表達了印
伯牙善鼓琴,鐘子期善聽。伯牙鼓琴,志在高山,鐘子期曰:“善哉,峨峨兮若泰山!”志在流水,鐘子期曰:“善哉,洋洋兮若江河!”伯牙所念,鐘子期必得之
。子期死,伯牙謂世再無知音,乃破琴絕弦,終身不復鼓。(節選自第25課《伯牙絕弦》)
1、根據原文填空。
2、為文中的“善”選擇正確的解釋,把正確答案的序號填入括號內。A、贊嘆
B、擅長、善于
“善鼓琴”中的“善”是(B)的意思?!吧圃铡敝械摹吧啤北硎荆ㄙ潎@)之義。
3、文中哪一句話最能體現他倆是知音?用“
”畫出。
4、仿寫句子。
伯牙善鼓琴,他的琴聲除了表示峨峨高山,洋洋江河,還志在高山,鐘子期曰:“善哉,峨峨兮若泰山!”會表現什么動人的場景呢?
志在明月,鐘子期曰: “善哉,皎皎兮若明月!” 志在白云,鐘子期曰: “善哉,悠悠兮若云朵!”
5、伯牙絕弦是因為伯牙認為鐘子期死后,沒有人再能聽懂他的琴聲,了解他的心聲。
6、面對如此傷心、絕望的伯牙,我想說:“昔人已乘黃鶴去,要看重以后的生活,如果鐘子期泉下有知,看到你放棄了音樂,悲傷到如此地步,他也會難過的。”
7、《伯牙絕弦》這篇文章告訴我們真正了解自己的人叫“知己”,用“高山流水”比喻知音難覓或樂曲高妙。
8、伯牙善鼓琴,鐘子期善聽,善聽者可以說是善聽者的知音。請寫出兩句關于知音知己的詩句或名言名句。
女為悅己者容,士為知己者死?!稇饑摺?/p>
海內存知己,天涯若比鄰?!咎啤客醪端投派俑问裰荨?四海皆兄弟,誰為行路人。漢 無名氏《別詩》其一
君子之交淡如水,小人之交甘若醴?!肚f子》
平生知心者,屈指能幾人?!咎啤堪拙右住陡惺偶倪h》
高山流水,非知音不能聽【宋】文天祥
(二十)一陣風把蠟燭吹滅了。月光照進窗子來,茅屋里的一切好像披上 了銀紗,顯得格外清幽。貝多芬望了望站在他身旁的兄妹倆,借著清幽的月光,按起了琴鍵。
①皮鞋匠靜靜地聽著。②他好像面對著大海,月亮正從水天相接的地方升起來。③微波粼粼的海面上,霎時間灑遍了銀光。(④月亮越升越高,穿過一縷一縷輕紗似的微云。)⑤忽然,海面上刮起了大風,卷起了巨浪。⑥被月光照得雪亮的浪花,一個連一個朝著岸邊涌過來??⑦皮鞋匠看看妹妹,月光正照在她那恬靜的臉上,照著她睜得大大的眼睛。⑧她仿佛也看到了,看到了她從來沒有看到過的景象,月光照耀下的波濤洶涌的大海。
兄妹倆被美妙的琴聲陶醉了。等他們蘇醒過來,貝多芬早已離開了茅屋。他飛奔回客店,花了一夜工夫,把剛才彈的曲子—《月光曲》記錄了下來。(節選自第26課《月光曲》)
1、本文段主要寫了什么?德國著名音樂家貝多芬因同情窮鞋匠兄妹而為他們彈琴,繼而創作出月光曲的過程。
2、在文中用“
”畫出描寫實實在在事物的句子;用“~~~~~~~~ ”畫出由事物引起的 聯想的句子。
3、用“()”找出上面文段中的一個比喻句。
4、用“
”畫出第三自然段中體現音樂藝術的巨大感染力的句子。
5、皮鞋匠聽著貝多芬的琴聲,腦海中浮現出三幅奇麗的畫面,請你給這幾幅畫取個名字。(1)月亮升起,微波粼粼。(2)月亮升高,穿過微云。(3)月光照耀,波濤洶涌。
6、A、氣勢逐漸增強 B、清幽舒緩 C、高昂激越
第二段中,第②、③句描寫了音樂節奏B清幽舒緩,第④句 描寫表現了樂聲A氣勢逐漸增強,第⑤、⑥句描寫表現了樂 聲C高昂激越。
7、貝多芬彈奏的音樂,帶給了兄妹倆無窮無盡的想象,我們可 以感受到那微波粼粼的海面景象,仿佛是窮兄妹倆淳樸、善良、勤勞的美好情操;而波濤洶涌的海面,仿佛是貝多芬為兄妹倆 鳴不平。
8、等兄妹倆醒來之后,他們會談些什么呢?請發揮想象,寫一段兄妹倆的對話。
【圍繞“感受到的景色美、韻律美、人格美”來寫。例子:盲姑娘說:“貝多芬先生把我們帶到一個仙境中了。聽他的演奏簡直就是美的享受。”哥哥接著說:“我聽說貝多芬先 生的耳朵聽力已經不太好了,他還能為我們演奏,真是太了不起了。”】
第五篇:英語重點句子翻譯
1.Later this month, we’ll spray the orchard, paint the barn, plant the garden and clean the hen house before the new chicks arrive.(=這個月晚些時候,我們要給果樹噴灑藥水,要油漆谷倉,要給菜園播種,要趕在新的雛雞運到之前清掃雞舍。)
2.I’m not making anywhere near as much money as I did when I was employed full time, but now we don’t need as much either.(=我掙的錢遠比不上全職工作時的收入,可如今我們需要的錢也沒有過去多。)
3.When it comes to insurance, we have a poor man’s major-medical policy.(=至于保險,我們買了一份低收入者的主要醫療項目保險。)
4.Once economic conditions improve, however, demand for farms like ours should be strong again.(=但是一旦經濟形勢好轉,對我們這種農場的需求又會增多。)
5.在作物生長季節,根本就沒工夫參加社交活動。
(=During the growing season there is no time for socializing anyway.)
6.了解這些變化所帶來的影響也許有助于我們改善家庭生活。
(=Becoming aware of the effects of those changes may help us improve family life.)
7.而單親家庭的數量在過去三十年中急劇增長。
(=And the number of single-parent homes has mushroomed in the last thirty years.)
8.這些孩子會不會失去童年時期應有的一些重要東西?
(=Are these children missing out on an important part of childhood?)
1.Carter’s devotion to her ancestor is about more than personal pride: it is about family honor.(=卡特對其先輩的忠誠不僅僅關乎一己之驕傲,而且關乎家族榮譽。)
2.As the boat slid across the river, Parker watched helplessly as the pursuers closed in around the men he was forced to leave behind.(=小船徐徐駛向對岸,帕克眼睜睜地看著追捕者把他被迫留下的兩個人團團圍住。)
3.I threw myself on the ground, rolled in the sand and danced around, till, in the eyes of several who were present, I passed for a madman.(=我撲倒在地,在沙土里打滾,手舞足蹈,最后,在場的那幾個人都認定我是瘋子。)
4.我步出這幢兩層小屋,微風輕輕拂過加拿大平原。
(=A gentle breeze swept the Canadian plains as I stepped outside the small two-story house.)
5.中心計劃于2004年在辛辛那提市對外開放。
(=The center is scheduled to open in 2004 in Cincinnati.)
6.黑人去當乘務員常常是由本人痛苦的經歷所激發,而那些白人則往往是受了宗教信仰的感召。
(=While black conductors were often motivated by their own painful experiences, whites were commonly driven by religious convictions.)
7.許多黑奴在夜色掩護下趕路,有時臉上涂著厚厚的白粉。
(=Many slaves traveled under cover of night, their faces sometimes caked with white powder.)
1.We have become so used to defending ourselves against the new atmosphere of American life, so used to putting up barriers, that we have not had time to think about what it may mean.(=我們已經變得如此習慣于保護自己不受美國生活新氛圍的影響,如此習慣于設臵障礙,以致無暇考慮這一切意味著什么。)
2.Our neighborhoods are bathed in high-intensity light;we do not want to afford ourselves even so much a luxury as a shadow.(=我們的居住區處在強光源的照射之下;我們連哪怕像陰影這樣小小的享受也不想給自己。)
3.Many suburban families have sliding glass doors on their patios, with steel bars elegantly built in so no one can pry the doors open.(=郊區的許多人家在露臺上安裝了玻璃滑門,內側有裝得很講究的鋼條,這樣就沒人能把門撬開。)
4.取人性命的念頭令我憎恨,但念及成為他人的受害者就更可怕了。我開始問自己,你怎么跟一個殺人犯或強奸犯談論和平主義呢?
(=The thought of taking a human life disgusts me, but the idea of being someone’s victim is worse.And how, I began to ask myself, do you talk pacifism to a murderer or a rapist?)
5.但我相信,知識仍是我們最有力的防范手段。由于我主張對孩子進行性知識教育、艾滋病知識教育以及讓孩子學會開車,我不能不贊成教兒子關于槍的知識。
(=But knowledge, I believe, is still our greatest defense.And since I’m in favor of education for sex, AIDS and learning to drive, I couldn’t draw the line at teaching my son about guns.)
6.我手指扣住扳機,最后用力一扣,在親手結束了侵入者生命的同時也慶幸自己沒有成為犧牲品。
(=I wrapped my finger around the trigger and finally squeezed it, simultaneously accepting the intruder’s death at my own hand and the relief of not being a victim.)
7.我從來沒有像在買槍一事上對某種行為的后果如此反復權衡——可是,我也從來沒做過后果如此嚴重的事。
(=I never have weighed the consequences of an act as strongly as I have that of buying a gun — but then again, I never have done anything with such deadly consequences.)
1.Einstein credited his discoveries to imagination and endless questioning more so than orthodox intelligence.(=愛因斯坦把他的發現更多地歸功于想象力和不斷地提出問題,而不是通常所謂的智慧。)
2.His slow development was combined with a cheeky rebelliousness toward authority, which led one German schoolmaster to send him packing.(=他智力發展緩慢,再加上對權威無禮的反叛,致使一位德國校長勒令他退學。)
3.He retained the ability to hold two thoughts in his mind simultaneously, to be puzzled when they conflicted and to delight when he saw an underlying unity.(=他具有腦海里同時容納兩種想法的能力,當它們沖突時,他感到困惑;當他看到基本上統一時感到欣喜。)
4.Einstein soon acquired an image, which grew into a near legend, of being a kindly professor, distracted at times but unfailingly sweet, who rarely combed his hair or wore socks.(=不久愛因斯坦在人們心目中成了這樣一種形象,而且幾乎變成傳奇:一位平易近人的教授,有時心不在焉,但總是和藹可親,難得梳頭發,不常穿襪子。)
5.聯合國宣布2005年為“世界物理學年”,以慶祝愛因斯坦“奇跡年”出現100周年。(=The United Nations has declared 2005 “The World Year of Physics” to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s “miracle year.”)
6.你呆在這里損害了全班學生對我的尊重。
(=Your mere presence here undermines the class’s respect for me.)
7.科學是愛因斯坦家餐桌上聊天的話題。
(=Science was dinner-table conversation in the Einstein household.)
8.愛因斯坦對科學技術與生俱來懷有興趣。
(=Albert’s interest in science and technology came naturally.)
1.Yet my mind seemed to be in quest of something else — some way that I could personally apply to the close of Thanksgiving.It must have taken me a half hour to sense that maybe some key to an answer could result from reversing the word “Thanksgiving” — at least that suggested a verbal direction, “Giving thanks.”
(=可我腦子里似乎還在搜索著別的什么——某種我能夠賦予整個節日以個人意義的方式。大概過了半個小時左右我才意識到,問題的關鍵也許在于把 Thanksgiving 這個詞前后顛倒一下——那樣一來至少字面意義好懂了:Giving thanks。)
2.Yet my mind continued turning the idea over.After a while, like a dawn’s brightening, a further answer did come — that there were people to thank, people who had done so much for me that I could never possibly repay them.(=可我腦子里仍一直翻騰著這事。過了片刻,如同晨曦初現,一個更清晰的念頭終于涌現腦際——要感謝他人,那些賜我以諸多恩惠,我根本無以回報的人們。)
3.At least seven people had been particularly and lastingly helpful to me.I realized, swallowing hard, that about half of them had since died — so they were forever beyond any possible expression of gratitude from me.(=至少有七個人對我有過不同尋常、影響深遠的幫助。令人萬分難受的是,我意識到,他們中有一半已經謝世了——因此他們永遠也無法接受我的謝意了。)
4.A glance at Grandma’s familiar handwriting brought back in a flash memories of standing alongside her white rocking chair, watching her “settin’ down” some letter to relatives.(=一看到外祖母那熟悉的筆跡,我頓時回想起往日站在她的白色搖椅旁看她給親戚寫信的情景。)
5.那些注意力集中于感恩的人明顯感覺更加幸福。他們積極樂觀地看待生活。他們鮮有訴說有頭疼感冒之類的身體不適癥狀,他們還積極參加健康有益的活動。
(=The people who focused on gratitude were just flat-out happier.They saw their lives in favorable terms.They reported fewer negative physical symptoms such as headaches or colds, and they were active in ways that were good for them.)
6.每天花上片刻——一般最好是臨睡之前——扼要記下三件當日發生的讓你心存感激的事情。任何使你精神振奮的事,使你綻露笑容、心情愉悅的事,或為你的將來帶來幸福感的事,都行。
(=Take a moment during the day — right before bedtime is usually best — to jot down three things that happened that day for which you are grateful.Anything that made you feel uplifted, that brought a smile to your face or your heart, or will contribute toward your future happiness, works.)
7.過一段時間,你會發現在令你感激的條目列表中有著某種一致性。許多條目顯示他人在你生活中所起的重要作用。其它條目突出一些有意義的經歷。還有一些則涉及由你引發的事情,你能滿懷豪情地指著說,“我促成了此事?!?/p>
(=Over time, you’ll notice a consistency within the list of items you’re grateful for.Many entries will underscore the importance of people in your life.Others will highlight meaningful experiences.Still other items will be things that began with you, things you created that you can point to with pride and say, I made that happen.)
8.感激之情,在向別人表示之后,幾乎總能輾轉返回。被感激的人更加愿意為那些使他們覺得自己有價值的人作出回報。
(=Gratitude, when expressed to others, almost always comes back around.People who feel appreciated are more willing to make an effort for those who make them feel valued.)
1.I want to turn loose my hold on everything, and go sailing down, down, just like one of those poor, tired leaves.(=我只想撇開一切,飄然而去,就像那邊一片可憐的疲倦的葉子。)
2.The day wore away, and even through the twilight they could see the lone ivy leaf clinging to its stem against the wall.(=白天慢慢過去了,即便在暮色黃昏之中,他們仍能看到那片孤零零的常青藤葉子,貼著磚墻,緊附著梗莖。)
3.When the elderly man regained consciousness now and again, the man repeatedly called for his son.(=老人偶爾蘇醒過來時,總是反復呼喚他的兒子。)
4.She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine cut her short.(=她開始說一些深表同情的話,海軍士兵卻打斷了她。)
5.我會盡一切努力,只要是科學能做到的。
(=I will do all that science can accomplish.)
6.蕭瑟秋風吹落了枝葉,藤上幾乎光禿禿的。
(=The cold breath of autumn had blown away its leaves, leaving it almost bare.)
7.兩人面面相覷,啞然無語。
(=They looked at each other for a moment without speaking.)
8.當我察覺他已是病入膏肓,分辨不出我是否就是他的兒子時,我猜想他真的需要我。(=When I realized he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, I figured he really needed me.)
1.Making a living as a door-to-door salesman demands a thick skin, both to protect against the weather and against constantly having the door shut in your face.(=干挨家挨戶上門推銷這一營生得臉皮厚,這是因為干這一行不僅要經受風吹日曬,還要承受一次又一次的閉門羹。)
2.And his enemies — a crippled body that betrays him and a changing world that no longer needs him — are gaining on him.(=他的敵人——辜負他的殘疾的身體和一個不再需要他的變化著的世界——正一步一步把他逼向絕境。)
3.Once the walls are up, a place takes on a different feel for him, as if he’s not welcome anymore.(=一旦高墻聳起,這建筑給他的感受就變了,他好像不再受到歡迎。)
4.要是顧客回絕波特,拒絕傾聽他的介紹,他就一再上門。就這樣他將產品賣了出去。(=If a customer turned him down, Porter kept coming back until they heard him.And he sold.)
5.他由于身體不能正常運行而使腦子無法充分發揮其功能。
(=His mind was trapped in a body that didn’t work.)
6.波特一開始四次都沒敢敲門,第五次才鼓起勇氣按了第一戶人家的門鈴。
(=It took Porter four false starts before he found the courage to ring the first doorbell.)
7.僅在一代人的時間里,從舊的意大利生活方式一躍而成為美國的雅皮士不是件容易事。(=It’s not so smooth jumping from Italian old-world style to U.S.yuppie in a single generation.)
1.It would just be absolutely wrong to take a human being and put them through what may well involve significant suffering for really no good end.(=讓人經受極有可能遭到巨大痛苦的事,卻又得不到什么好的結果,那是絕對錯誤的。)
2.I would hope that the legislation that’s in place and the great public disapproval that would
result from any attempt to clone a human would dissuade anyone from going down that path.(=我希望適當的法規以及公眾對于試圖克隆人的極力反對能夠勸阻任何有此企圖的人走那條路。)
3.In reality, it is transcendent — when you look through the microscope, you see what you may have looked like a long time ago, at least in part.(=事實上,這一研究成果真是妙不可言——透過顯微鏡,你至少部分地看到自己很久以前大概是什么模樣。)
4.There was so much skepticism about this process because of the scientific fraud from the past that it was critical that there be no doubt that they were clones.(=由于以往的科學造假行為,人們對于我們的研究過程抱有諸多懷疑,所以確保它們確系克隆胚胎是至關重要的。)
5.其原因在于其他物種的無性繁殖個體事實上大多數都是畸形的,流產率很高,死產率很高,胎兒畸形,出生不久便夭折,如此等等。
(=The reason is that the majority of reproductive clones in other species are actually abnormal, with very high miscarriage rates, very high stillbirth rates, fetal anomalies, death soon after birth, et cetera.)
6.從另一方面來說,治療性的克隆技術不牽涉任何對人生命的威脅,還能真正為正在經受痛苦的人們提供緩解痛苦的極大的可能性。
(=On the other hand, therapeutic cloning does not involve any type of risk to human life and actually provides tremendous potential for the relief of suffering in real human beings who are going through some awful things.)
7.在分析的過程中,我們必須毀掉那些胚胎。換句話說,從細胞里提取遺傳物質進行分析,你只得毀壞細胞。
(=In the process of analysis, the embryos were destroyed by necessity.In other words, to get the genetic material from inside the cells to analyze it, you have to destroy the cell.)
8.羅馬教廷譴責我們,布什總統的國情咨文對我們也頗有微詞。
(=We were condemned by the Vatican and mentioned in a negative light in President Bush’s State of the Union address.)